Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Allahyarham Yasmin Ahmad


I can't help but cry each time I come across an article,movies or documentary regarding Yasmin Ahmad. It's hard to accept the fact that my favourite Malaysian film director has indeed passed away. Ever since RABUN, she has never failed to inspire me. Behind every work of hers lies such heart and soul that it pains me now that we won't be seeing any updates from her anymore.

If only every Malaysian can see the world like she did, only then we can achieve 1MALAYSIA. I dare to say here that there will be no one of her calibre,who can view the world the way she did. She was an inspiration to everyone,except to the critics who fail to understand what unity is, what true values are - values that she's incorporated into her movies, that reflect what's genuine and sincere.

I, and many others, wish that
MUALLAF will be screened. that is how we can show our respect, remembrance. And I know, every time I think of her, it's a smile she'll wish I lift, and not a tear for me to shed. For she tried hard to bring joy to others, regardless of whom. And the best way for us to remember her is by a smile.

For one that smiles all the time, I guess that is adequate. She will always live in our hearts, looking after us. It's time we practise what she preached. AL -
FATIHAH...

No comments: