Sunday, May 31, 2009

Why don't woman talk about this?

A change in priorities has let to a 180 degree change in my previously lifestyle. I;m going to speak to you about the joys, trials & tribulations of being a mother. I have a son name Muhammad Rayhan who now rules my life.
(a 2D ultrasound image of rayhan, 10 weeks)

(a 3D ultrasound image of rayhan, 32 weeks)

(picture taken 3 hours before i give birth to rayhan)

It was the year 2006 when i discovered that I was pregnant. I was busy working that i didn't realise I was pregnant. I was to busy to noticed that I had missed my period. My family was great,dekzu (my sister) was excited. My mother was amazing, she came from KL to Tawau to help me with my confinement period.















My little boy has never liked sleep very much but I'm enjoying it while I can, which is why everything else takes a backseat. Rayhan is very, very bright but he was going crazy running around in circle in our house. Before we moved to our own house, we lived with my mother-in-law, it eases my burden but it also provides him with stimulation from other people. Plus, because there are other people around in the morning, I can actually go& have a poo or a shower.
Sometimes,when he doesn't want to stay alone, at the same time I sakit perot nak berak (stomach ache), I'd drag him kicking & screaming into the toilet! The horrors no woman talks about. Why don't woman talk about this? They always say, "Oh, no,no... It's fine,there's no problem..." Have you ever tried to (poop) with a screaming baby & the phone won't stop ringing, some one's at the door... U just want to cry & scream GO AWAY!!!




Every mother recognises this scenario but why is it that no one ever talks about that trying moments of motherhood? It is because they're afraid of being labelled a bad mother? Isn't it natural to be overwhelmed once in a while? Isn't it perfectly acceptable to crave an uninterrupted nights sleep or the ability to shut the bathroom door for more than 30 seconds? Why do woman insist of putting up a front & pretending that motherhood is a breeze?

I feel that I've won the lottery when my kid wakes up only twice a night! I have not had uninterrupted sleeps for 2 years. He wakes up only 3 times a night now. I'm trying to figure out where I want to go & what I want to do. Being a mom, I can't do what I used to do. But I do have great network of family & friends... Luv u all..











1 comment:

me said...

I enjoyed reading your blog, you're right--it's hard to find time for even the most primitive functions when you are a mom!