Monday, June 1, 2009

Must see!!! Revolutionary Road...

Strange how I seem to get ideas for blogging late at night when I should be asleep. I guess at night when my mind can go wild without interruption.
I would like to recommend to you to watch this movie, to those who are married, especially to the women. I going to talk & give my point of view about the character of April Wheeler, plays by Kate Winslet. In this movie Revolutionary Road, April Wheeler is a woman who find herself sacrificing her dreams & wishes to fulfill her duty as a wife & mother.
Well, after watching this movie, I think, for a relationship to work, you have to be yourself. Otherwise you're compromising your true self! That's the problem with April Wheeler, she spends so many years losing touch with her soul that she ends up becoming suicidal & going slightly insane. In life, the most important thing is just to be true to you & I think its hard to do that. Its makes me really sad...
Revolutionary Road, to me, is a portrait of a marriage. It's set in the 1950s, at a time when men & women, particularly women, had extremely limited choices. Life dictated that you should be happy with your lot in life. You should accept the way that it is. This isn't a story about two married people who want to be separate & divorce. They are actually trying to do whatever they can in order to stay together. But they also want to find something more than what they have. I can really understand that...
I think that's why I seem to be really relating to this film. Because there's nothing worse than living a life that you feel you shouldn't be living, or feeling trap, whether it's because of your job or your marriage, or whatever it may be... Everyone needs something to hope for...
Like April Wheeler, has I ever had a point in my life where I wanted to do something, but was confused about whether I should go ahead? Mmmm... I think that's what life is about. Life is about working to those times. It's to do with you figuring out who you are until you really work out what it means to be happy.
We all experience moments when we feel like we're in the wrong job, country, relationship, whatever. Everyone knows what that feels like, to be either with the wrong person or not on the path that you hoped your life would take. So YES, of course, I've been in that position...

No comments: