Monday, January 4, 2010

2009-Adapting to change in lifestyle

2009 was a big year for me. I chose to don the tudung. A day before I wear tudung, I borrowed my MIL head scarf. The next day, I wear one to breakfast with my husband. The first word to pop out from my husband's mouth was 'ALHAMDULILLAH'. And my MIL said I looked nice. My first day with the head scarf atractted attention, but because of the positive responses from families and friends, I have never regreted my decision!

It was apparently not an impulsive one. I had been thinking about it for a few years. I told myself that the time would come when it would feel perfest to start using it. My lifestyle has changed very little since this transition. I still visit my hair saloon, and wear jeans and t-shirts. I wear the tudung and I treat it as a symbol of my identity.

I found it easy adapting to this life-changing transition. It's because I was ready. I am calmer now...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

M a blogger friend of your sis Si Yoyop or Cikgu and I've told her it's a shame that you're not updating your blog. The change from no tudung to bertudung interests me very much for my youngest daughter seems to find difficulty in making the change. An account of how it happened could be an eye opener to some of the young gorls of today.And you of course did not continue your part 3 of the change to motherhood. Salam to your hubby.